| || |
TC's first potato chip company
As you know, we love supporting local businesses... And as you might guess, we LOVE potato chips. So we were doubly thrilled to learn that local entrepreneur Ed Girrbach and his son Chris are starting Great Lakes Potato Chip Company here in Traverse City.
The duo is building the company from scratch and plans to initially produce three chip varieties--regular with sea salt, sea salt and vinegar, and a hearty buffalo barbeque variety. Yum!
The chips will be made from all Michigan potatoes, of course, and will be kettle cooked for that extra crunch, with the skin-on for a little extra "nutrition."
The Girrbachs will manufacture their chips at a 7,000 sq. ft. facility on M-72 West, formerly used for making honey. Team Elmer's is proud to be handling the site's driveway and parking lot.
Keep an eye out for Great Lakes Potato Chips in Oleson's Food Stores this May, with wider distribution soon to follow. We can't wait!
| || |
We're giving away $5,000 toward a new driveway!
How’s your driveway? Mud puddles the size of Long Lake? Cracks large enough to lose Rover? No driveway at all? Thanks to Team Elmer’s, you could win a new asphalt driveway this spring!
Every area homeowner who contacts Team Elmer’s for a new driveway estimate throughout the month of April will be entered to win $5,000 toward a new asphalt driveway. The winner will be randomly selected and announced later this spring.
Team Elmer’s commitment to excellence and its proprietary mix of “Esphalt” have earned numerous Awards of Excellence from both the Michigan and National Asphalt Associations. The company has provided thousands of asphalt driveways throughout Michigan and offers free estimates and a two-year guarantee on all residential asphalt services.
Good luck! We can't wait to hear from you.
- CLICK HERE to request a free estimate for an asphalt driveway. All entrants will be automatically entered to win.
- Requests for an estimate must be made between April 1 and 30, 2010.
- Limit one entry per household. Residential addresses only.
- One entrant will be randomly selected to receive $5,000 toward an asphalt driveway. Award must be redeemed by August 31, 20100. Prize has no cash value.
- Contest is open to residents of Grand Traverse, Leelanau, Antrim, Kalkaska, Manistee and Wexford counties. Team Elmer's employees and their immediate family are not eligible.